Wednesday 7 April 2010






Do people who steal really need what their stealing or are they being greedy? I can understand people shoplifting in order to feed their family. I mean if a lady stole a loaf of bread in order for her children to have something to eat are we really going to persecute her for trying to support her family, or give her a criminal record? Well to me it seems wrong although she’s stealing, it’s for a good cause.

Okay ill admit it I’ve never shoplifted but I got my brother to steal for me. He stole a chocolate bar the once… only because I was starving and had no money. I didn’t want him to steal it, I was scared he was going to get caught but I was to chicken to do it my self being about 10 years old. He didn’t want to see me Hungary plus I wouldn’t stop crying so he stole me a freddo (This was the first time that he ever stole anything and never has since) so are making out shoplifting to be worse than it actually is?

Lots of teenagers and adults shoplift I think we’ve all stole something in our lives even if its just pick a mix from Woolworths. I don’t see the harm in that however, when everybody starts stealing bigger things and more expensive items then that’s when the problem starts.

When I was researching this topic I came across “To most shoplifters, getting something for nothing is like giving themselves a "gift", which in turn gives them a "lift". I think that this is true. If we get something that we want for free aren’t we going to feel good about it? And if we feel good about it aren’t we going to steal something else to get the same feeling? Seriously I can see why people steal because if I knew I could get away with not paying for really nice clothes then I wouldn’t.

However I agree that shoplifting in general is wrong. People who steal and have the money to pay for it what’s with that? I wasn’t entirely shocked when I read that 23 million people steal from retail shops each year. Police and magistrates see thousands of detained shoplifters who don't fit the profile of a typical criminal. They don’t take drugs, have a clean CRB (maybe apart from shoplifting)….some just like stealing for fun simple as.

This is a good link for more in-depth reasons why people shoplift.
http://www.mindspring.com/~stancom/shop.html
This is a good link to see how others feel about shoplifting..
http://www.elephantjournal.com/2009/02/is-shoplifting-wrong

No comments:

Post a Comment