Friday 9 April 2010




Can a relationship ever survive infidelity?

Okay… Infidelity to me this is an act of ‘being bad’ only because there is no excuse for cheating on your partner as you don’t have to be in that relationship if you don’t want to.

Infidelity is one of the most wrenching experiences a couple can endure. It can destroy families, crush spirits, and break quite a few plates. It causes pain not just to the betrayed, but usually to the cheater as well.

So let’s start with why people cheat. Number 1) Problems in the relationship; something is missing, passion has faded, and partners feel lonely. 2) Novelty, the spouse wants something new and exciting. 3) An excuse to leave a difficult relationship.

I’m not going to go on listing all these because the lists endless. A lot of people say once a cheater always a cheater however; I don’t think that’s true. I believe that a person can truly change if their in the right relationship. If you’re truly in love with someone then why on earth would you cheat on that person? Although saying that all these celebrities cheating on their partners e.g. Tiger Woods, Ashley Cole, Huge Grant are all adulterers. I think all their money and fame has driven them mad over the years. So can a relationship survive? I think so…. People make mistakes we all do. I think some people are truly disgusted when they’ve just realised what they did. However when a person cheats twice then I don’t think a relationship could ever live happily ever after.

No comments:

Post a Comment